Monday, January 2, 2012

a pretty dish - thanks to my mom!

I am talking about the actual dish, not the food, lol. This beautiful leaf plate was bought by my mom who gave it to me as a gift when I wasn't feeling so well. She brought it over one day with some beautiful long stemmed strawberries and peonies and hydrangeas ( my fave flowers) and I was so touched by her thoughtfulness. this dish is so pretty, I use it to keep my lemons and tomatoes or whatever I have ripening on my counter. One day I decided to use it as a serving piece and I think its doin a great job at that!
The dish on the dish is stacked eggplant with ratatouille ( fried onions, peppers, tomatoes, some ppl put other stuff but I kept it simple)  and on the side is tilapia baked with a mayo lemon sauce and my go-to crusted pistachio topping.. Thanks again ma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment